When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Monday, February 14, 2005

100 books for 2005

I read on a blog that someone was trying to read 100 books in 2005. I read a lot anyway but I thought I could use this to log everything I read b/c I don't remember what I've read. I used to read a lot more, but it interferes w/ my knitting time and I don't have a commute so I don't read as much as I like to. Here's what I"ve got so far.

1: Dress Your Family in Courdoroy and Denim by David Sedaris
I've read all his books. This is great as usual and is a natural progression from Me Talk Pretty One Day. Some of the stories are really touching.
2: Wake Up, Sir by Jonathan Ames
I read The Extra Man a while ago and liked it b/c of the unusual story and characters. Thought it would make a really quirky and great indy movie. This is not as good. Quirky and has funny parts but after I read it I was like "Ok, what was that about"?
3: Believers by Charles Baxter
This is a collection of short stories that I highly recommend. I had never heard of Charles Baxter before but a friend gave me the book and I read it and will be passing it on. Lots of great imagery and emotion without being maudlin or sentimental.

I have a ton of books at home that I have to get rid of but I have to read them first! I know this is only three but it's only February!!! I am currently reading Holy Terror by Bob Colacella. It's a memior/bio of Andy Warhol that I've had forever. It's an easy read and very dishy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

Hello, Mark! I see you're a new blogger! Welcome! It's fun. I jumped here from Colorado Knits, who I just me so forgive me if I'm not sure his name is Jon?

Anyway, I look forward to following your obsession with knitting.

Sean

1:17 PM

 
Blogger MarQ1 said...

It is definitely possible to read 100 books in a year. I've probably done it once or twice , but I haven't figured out how to read and knit at the same time.

4:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home