When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Monday, February 28, 2005

for arts sake!

Went to the Gates this weekend and thought it was really cool. Had heard people gripe and mock them which made me think they might just be actual art. True enough. I thought they were very evocative on so many levels. I'll be sorry to see them go, but would rather have them only be here for a short while that stay and become tatty and touristed.
Went to go see the 1927 movie Wings at the Film Forum which won the first best picture oscar. I can see why. It still really holds up. Gary Cooper is in it for all of five minutes, but it's a real textbook study of what star quality is all about. Also, the movie...gay, gay, gay. If you get the chance see it. As usual, the FF rocked for making an event out of it w/ live piano accompaniment.
Show went well on Saturday, but house only about half full. Whatup. I hate worrying about this shit but it is an issue.
didn't do much of anything on Sunday except catch up on my Netflix. Stepford Wives (eh, so), 1951's The Thing (actually really good). also finished reading F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side Of Paradise. I was having a time with it until the last 20 pages when it all came together and became kind of brilliant.
finished the rust cashmere scarf and attempted to fix the garter row goof. probably should have left it alone, b/c you hardly notice, but hey. was going to block it a little, but couldn't find my squirt bottle and got lazy. i'm going to crank out a little mohair scarf while i'm plugging away on flames. started on the second sleeve friday and it already looks 110x better than the first. oh, well.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

We were going to come see the gates...but I have a hard time with this time of "art". I prefer to call it and "installation". It's more construction or architecture to me, than art. But we ended up unable to find a weekend to make it.

3:50 PM

 
Blogger Sean said...

I just read what I wrote, and should have proofed it before I wrote it. but what I should have written is "I have a hard time with this KIND of "art".

3:51 PM

 
Blogger kidagh said...

Hello!
tarot card reading by email is a very interesting subject and I really enjoy Your blog.
If You are really interested in this You must visit tarot card reading by email
Here You find a complete directory regarding tarot card reading by email

So please, donĀ“t miss tarot card reading by email

2:36 AM

 
Blogger accordion-366653 said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about martins chocolate candy
. You can check it out at martins chocolate candy


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

4:38 AM

 
Blogger DailyLinks said...

Free Online Printable Greeting Card

5:49 AM

 
Blogger Pat Martin said...

Nice blog here. Check out my blog at horse tattoo design

3:14 AM

 
Blogger Pat Martin said...

Congrats on a blog well done. I really enjoy your posts.
I have a unique valentine gifts website with the most current and up to date gift ideas for all holidays.
I hope you like it.

6:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home