When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Friday, February 18, 2005

jacko is wacko and other big news

didn't get a chance to do much knitting yesterday. had the cap in my bag, but couldn't really do any knitting during the day. they go pretty fast, so I may have it done by tonight. I got almost to the halfway point watching that Michael Jackson Special Report. I wish I could take the high road on this one , but I have to admit I'm fascinated. It was also a good thing to knit by b/c there wasn't a whole lot to watch, just a lot of montages of him walking around waving at fans and really lame stuff like: the voice over of the uncle saying "they took a bath together" accompanied by random montaged shots of a generic bath tub. please. is this news or a music video? so, I didn't have to look up much. my two cents: yes Jacko is a whackjob. just the footage of him talking about putting children to bed non sexually "I tuck them into bed, I put on little music, we put on the fireplace, we have hot milk, it's charming"--is chilling and sad. but what kind of star fucker parent pimps out their kid like that? you can't tell me that the parents didn't know there was anything strange going on. Michael Jackson has attached himself to your family. an international superstar is in your living room playing nintendo w/ your kid. an international superstar needs to have your kid sleep in the same room as him in a locked suite while you stay in guest quarters. that doesn't strike you as...I don't know, odd to say the very least? you don't think there's anything unusual going on? please. i can't stop thinking about those parents and who these kids are actually being abused by.
anyway, enough. am going to go to KnitNY Boyz Nite tonigh and finish off the sleeve there. I look forward to it every week, though i liked it better in the past when we didn't have to leave at 11.
my show opened last night and was great!!!! http://www.tosos2.org am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. and, of course, starting on the next sleeve. can't believe this sweater is knitting up as fast as it is. of course, I'm more than a little obsessed with getting it done so I can actually wear it in the cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home