When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Seduced, Deflowered, Addicted...

...to Cashmere. I am making an old friend of mine a Cashmere scarf out of Last Minute Knitted Gifts and finally found this beautiful affordable rust colored cashmere/ mohair blend. I started working on it last night. Woo-hoo. I'm hooked. It's just too much fun to work with. It behaves, it knits up great and it's so damn soft. I want one of these for me! I've never worked with Cashmere before but I TOTALLY get it now. I hope that someday I'll be in the position that I can drop 50$ a skein and not think about it, but for now woo-hoo-hoo I'm in love. I thank my friend rebecca for turning me into a fiber snob. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I give away the kercheif tonight. At first I didn't like it, but I think that was a combination of surprise that it took so long and that I didn't think it was big enough. It is fine and lovely and she will really love it. With the cashmere, I'm going to have to do some power knitting b/c it should ideally be done by tomrorow night. It's a pleasure to work on, I don't want to have to go that fast, but I also would like to get this done so I can go back to my flames sweater.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

Boy, OH BOY, do I love knitting with cashemere. If you look back to Jan or Dec, you'll see a cashmere scarf I knitted for my mother. It's just delicious to work with! AND after knitting with Cashemere, do you EVER want to go back to knitting with Red Heart?

UGH!

9:55 AM

 
Blogger markknitz said...

oh, my god, oh my god, oh my god, red heart be damned, sean!

6:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home