When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Sideways

Am almost finished with the first sleeve from the flame sweater. It looks pretty good . I am going to have to do a little minor surgery on it b/c even when I was carrying yarn for just a couple of stitches in the back it was too tight and I made the fabric pucker a bit. Also, for some reason my gauge changed on the sleeve and I reached the cap shape before I finished stitch increases on either side. Nothing major though, I will start the decreases anyway. I don't think there's any danger of it being too tight under the arm even if it is a bit smaller than planned.
I have embarked on a few smaller side projects that I am giving away as gifts and I need to have them cranked out by next week. I am making a small kerchief/scarf for a friend's year anniversary out of this funky purple and blue sparkled ribbon. A friend of mine's birthday is next thursday and I want to crank out a cashmere scarf for him. At the moment, I'm cranking out a little black skull cap for me, just cause it's easy, portable, I need one, it's fun on four needles and I've got all this black yarn. Was making an easy open work scarf for one of my leading ladies out of kid mohair and was noticing that it seemed to be getting narrower and narrow as I went a long. Then I noticed when I was about 2/3 of the way through that I had been decreasing a stitch on every eyelet row so I cut the width in half. Got it all ripped out when it knotted. Luckily I have plenty, but it's just aggravating.
Not having a huge amount of time to knit lately, but the show I've been working on opens tonight and the next one doesn't start till Saturday, so I'll have a bit coming up. Also, my home email is getting upgraded and am definitely getting that camera this weekend so I can post photos.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

GREAT...can't wait to see pictures.

8:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home