When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Techno-cursed

The good news is I bought a camera on Friday to post pix to this site. The bad news is it looks like the lens is broken or something funky like that. The good news is I bought a interface card for my home computer so I can finally access the DSL account I set up. The bad news is I can't get it to work. I don't know why I am so techno-cursed. That machines see me and start laughing. No fair, guys! I do my job, do yours and stop being so damn fussy.
Good long weekend. Finished the kerchief scarf I was doing for my friends anniversary. I think it may have come out little small. Or I have a huge neck. I am going to block it slightly and see if that makes a difference. Also, I finally went to another yarn shop I've been hearing about in New York. It's called Purl and it's on Sullivan Street. Cute. Small. Very crowded when I went. But the owner who wrote a book which i bought myself for Christmas called LAST MINUTE KNIT GIFTS was there. She was very nice and very helpful and I got a couple of skeins of cashmere/mohair for something I was intending to make out of her book as a last minute gift for 30$ a skein (130 yards each). Not bad. I would recommend the place. It's small but they do have a good selection of really nice stuff. I don't know if I'd go there for a huge project, but I will say they were very nice and helpful. Even though it was crowded I felt very comfortable and at home there. Also finished my skull cap and the first sleeve of flames. With the cold weather, I caught up on my Netflix and knitting. The kerchief is just about ready for Wednesday's party (need to weave in ends, lightly block and personalize it for her) so I need to get cranking on the cashmere for Thursday. Am going to the Stitch and Bitch tonight at Dean and Deluca on University Place so hopefully will make a good stab at it there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home