When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

it works!

thanks for the casting on advice, guys. i tried the bind off method i'd read up about on this nubble pattern i started and it actually works! woo-hoo! I am going to take the last row out of flames and rebind off tonight, so I won't break my nose putting the thing on and taking it off.
didn't knit at all yesterday and am definitely jonesing for it. had one of those annoying back to back to back days. work/meeting/work/rehearsal/playoffs (we got killed). glad it's over. actually my whole month is like that. but that' s good i guess. march is a long one and with so much activity it's flying by.
tomorrow is the anniversary of my partner's death in 1994. wow 11 years and it can still stop me in my tracks. i think i'm feeling it a bit more acutely b/c i'm finally taking care of myself. but all this activity makes it easier to get through and harder to wallow. and i know he would be very proud of me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

What's a play off?

7:20 AM

 
Blogger Franklin said...

Can't wait to see the flames sweater when you're all finished with it. You're really making me look forward to trying it. (I know, I oughta finish the one of I'm working on, first.)

Hope tomorrow flies by. Those anniversaries can be tough.

Favorite saying of mine- "Time and the hour ride through the roughest day."

7:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home