When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Monday, March 28, 2005

monday, monday

aren't grey rainy mondays a treat? the tech went well. it was not quick, but i am immensely popular at this theater b/c i'm flexible, appreciative and personable as opposed to some of the folks I share the bill w/. didn't go to boyznite but my friend John called me on SUnday to check in. Saturday was our reading of Dog Opera by Constance Congdon and I get a phone call from one of my actors, deathly ill, so i have to replace her before 3. luckily my friend and wonderful actor Jamie stepped in and the reading went great! looks like we'll produce this next year! then rehearsal for the thing i was teching on friday just to do some fine tuning acting wise. so by the time i got home i was wiped. a friend lent me the dvd of Dead Ringer (w/ Bette Davis) w/ commentary by Boze Hadliegh and Charles Busch so I knitted and watched that. Am about halfway done w/ Aiblihn and really learning a lot about it even though it's a pretty simple 3K3P twisting rib. It's actually going pretty fast, I might even be done by next week. I was working on a little openwork beanie for myself, but i got about halfway done, realized I didn't like it and pitched it. I wasn't crazy about the yarn. doesn't even make good practice yarn b/c you can't see the stitchwork. Sunday I had several sets of plans that got cancelled, first a lunch date and later Streetcar (they cancelled the performance b/c of an actors schedule, wha...?). Just as well though b/c all I really wanted to do was hibernate. Hung out w/ the old doggie who is hanging in there and very sweet and smiley. No accidents.
needless to say Mr. Internet and I didn't connect. His social calendar is always full, full, full. You have to book MONTHS in advance. And no, not my boyfriend, but everyone thinks we are or should be. Not happenin' though. Too much like incest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Franklin said...

Do you know I now get my "Life in the Theater" fix from reading your blog?

5:32 PM

 
Blogger markknitz said...

Thanks, Franklin!

7:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home