When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Friday, March 04, 2005

no more mohair

finished the little mohair scarf I was working on this morning. I don't know how I managed to do it, but near the end I added at least four stitches, it must have been during some lacemaking mishap and that stuff doesn't rip out too successfully. So it makes a tiny funnel shape near the end but since it's a short scarf that's meant to be tied, it'll flare out in the right places. have never worked w/ mohair before. i'd been warned that it's difficult, but that wasn't my experience. I had to watch I was doing more b/c you can't really make mistakes but the finished project is so nice and elegant. my friend is sure to love it. and yeah, i would do mohair again. i like the way it comes out.
will be going to boyznite tonight at http://www.knitnewyork.com to plug away a litle bit more on flames. While I"m there, I'll check out their chunky yarn. I want to make a Nehru Hat like Corbeau has on his blog only in a moss stitch. need a portable project b/c flames gets messy. am looking forward to some fiber therapy. this week has been stressful and draining.

2 Comments:

Blogger MarQ1 said...

One of these days, I'll make it to boyznite. See you.

7:59 PM

 
Blogger Bob in Cincy said...

And so will I! I'll be in NYC in June...currently researching airfare, hotel costs, etc. Any suggestions or recommendations? I should be arriving on Tuesday, June 7th, or Wednesday, June 8th, and leaving by Monday, June 13th. (I have FUN whirlwind plans to see as many shows as I can--definitely one Tuesday/Wednesday evening, Friday evening, Saturday matinee, etc. Dunno what yet, but will see.)

Hope you have a good weekend! I love your blog. Maybe you can get some pics up too! :-)

Bob in Cincy
yarnbob514 AT yahoo DOT com

4:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home