When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

spring grey

The seasons are definitely changing here in Manhattan. It's warmer although it doesn't really feel warm yet. I marched to work today under a grey cloudy sky with hints of rain in it. I checked to weather yesterday and it's supposed to rain for a week. That actually doesn't bother me. I've been completely exhausted lately and a grey day is an excuse for nesting, knitting and netflix. I had big plans for last night, but wound up getting the runaround from verizon, watching the incredibles (really good) and putting in some inches on the cowl. I'm liking this pattern. I"m kind of at the point where I've cracked the code. You know, the place where you get when you can pick it up at any point and know exactly where you are and if you screw up you can find exactly where it happened and fix it or fudge it. In the zone. Haven't worked with cotton in a while and I'm liking it. This piece is really interesting. I like the flow of it and it blows me away that it's going to come out of few balls of kite string.
Daisy had a bad day today. She''s been waking up in the middle of the night disoriented and she has trouble getting around b/w her arthitis and her balance problem so until she gets situated again, I'm awake, too. Then I guess I didn't get her outside in time b/c she peed in the living room. After cleaning that up, I thought well at least I can get dressed for work and not have to worry. So took her outside when I was dressed. She did #2 but then her legs gave out and she fell back into it, so she then had beige dog poo all over her back legs. So I had to figure out how to carry her upstairs w/o getting any poo on my work clothes and how to get it off her. I ended running the bath over her which she hated but it was fast and relatively poo free. I love my dog and have for 15 years but times when it's this much work i just want to scream.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

My heart goes out to you. Those are the days that I dread with having a dog...

7:42 AM

 
Blogger Sean said...

I too dread the idea of Luke as an "old" dog and having to make...er...decisions that I can't even bring myself to discuss!

As for "cracking the code", with your permission, I'm going to use that from now on. I used to explain it as "the pattern begins to talk to you...to make sense" but this is much better!

8:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home