When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Thursday, March 03, 2005

tangled web

am really wanting to get flames done. also, have had a lot of stress in my life lately and was looking for that kind of zen place where knitting takes me. however, i chose to ignore the advice of my knitboyz friend and not reposition my yarn after every row b/c it wasn't tangling. at least not immediately--that is, the strand that I would need would be pullable, so I just kept going. but sure enough there i was w/ with Donnie Darko on the player and got halfway thru a row when I turn it over and all five strands are balled up like a fist. so i spent the rest of of Donnie's dementia untangling the stuff, but the nice thing is, it DID untangle and I am now taking my friends advice and rearranging every time. ironically the row itself takes less time than the rearranging, but i have to tell myself it's not a race. i can't help it. I like to go fast. am happy to thave the mohair piece to work on. it really is going fast. my boss is gone for the next couple so I may be able to sneak in some work at work. i ahve someone coming over tonight to look at my computer so i can get these damn pix up. i need a vacation!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home