When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

2 cents plus

did the interview yesterday and am now more confused than ever. i expected to not like the place and could therefore be dismissive. instead i do like it, feel like i would be a good fit there, but financially can't take it b/c i'd still be working for a temp agency for 2$ less an hour and no benefits. i am going to make myself trust that this is going to work out and that by putting my best foot forward and i am doing the best i can do.
almost done w/ jellyfish wrap which i think will go to my mom on her birthday next week. was going to give the lace scarf, but it needs to be blocked some more and i need to get this in the mail NOW! next up is a yoga matt bag from SnB nation for my friend Robert. read some criticism of Miss Stoller on a couple of blogs yesterday. I can see what you mean, guys. But I don't want to be like the Catholic church and slam something sight unseen. she may not like male crafters but i haven't met her so i don't know. i did have some contact w/ her when i answered a call for people to help organize the book and the response was very form-letter-y. i like the books and own the second one. i use it a lot. the one crit i would have is it's so specifically geared toward girls. not to the point of exclusion, but as a guy i had to work on including myself. i don't know if any of the designs are "classic", but they are fun, wearable and giftable and i've made a lot of them. the appeal to me b/c they're not stodgy or traditional. the first SnB was instramental in getting me further into knitting which is a huge blessing in my life and a gift to my sanity. so that's my 2 cents. debbie stoller may not have written the bible but she is not the devil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home