When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

ch-ch-changes

i finished cleaves last night and it came out great! i started weaving in the ends wh/ is a little tricky b/c you have to do that on the front (b/c the cowl part is turned inside out to wear) and it doesn't seem natural. but i'm very pleased with it. what is it with something simple and repetitive? you don't think you're getting anywhere, then you look down and you're like, wow, where did all this garment come from, then the last two rows go on forever trying to get it to the right measurement. anyway, i'm very happy with it. i'm going to get my lovely friend g to model it for me on friday and if she likes it she can keep it, but only if she gets her husband to take a picture of her in it for the blog. as beautiful and R and I are, I don't think we're going to look right in Cleaves. So today I start my next project. The mellow tie one on wrap from knitty in a fuschia mohair MC and a mauve and other colors CC. I wanted to see if I could master the simpler pattern before trying the next one up.
so the woman i want to rent an apartment from called my friend and wants to get in touch w/ me. i really want this apartment but i'm dragging my heels about calling her back. my friend R set my up w/ a job interview and i'm dragging my heels about calling him back. i need this job b/c i need someone to pay my insurance and i need this apartment b/c i've totally outgrown the one i've been in for the last 10 years. so why am i dragging my feet? i guess, i fear change. even if i want it and need it. also, i hate rejection and that's always a risk when you ask for something you want. i know i'll get over it and do what has to be done. if only i didn't have to make the calls. but we all know life doesn't work that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home