When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

faster, faster

sunday was mark finley appreication day. meaning after two days of racing around, climbing over people and having smoke coming out of my ears getting from one place to the next to the next i took a day to just do what i wanted to do. i went to the movies--MYSTERIOUS SKIN (which was OK, lovely to look at and some effecting and disturbing scenes, but slow and not incredibly engaging)--and to The Point, a new knit shop/cafe on Bedford and Carmine. I sat and worked on the jellyfish wrap for an hour or so and now it's almost done! I love fast projects and this one really cranked. It was mostly garter stitch on 11's which would explain that. But the fiber change and decreases kept it interesting. I wanted to keep it simple on the mohair b/c i didn't feel like i could easily correct mistakes. the colors are really great! this one may go in my gift/treasure vault. but i have a question for you fiber mavens out there: is there a way to keep mohair from shedding? this piece is going to look so good on basic black, but that'll point up the shedding even more.
everything else in life is baby steps at the moment. i have a interview today for a glamorous job that i can't afford to take (b/c i can't take another pay cut and still pay my benefits). i continue to battle my insurance co and wait to hear from my old job re tax forms and wait to hear from people re a new job and wait to hear from where i'm working now re this job. nothing moves as fast i want it to. i just have to trust that it's moving at it's own rate, a rate i can't see or control. and drink less coffee.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

As someone always says "Be in Balance." Things move the way they are supposed to move when they are supposed to move. I just found out this morning that I didn't get a job I was hoping for. I'm waiting for the official discussion with the hiring manager this afternoon but yeah, I'm pretty upset. I just feel stagnant. But who knows? Maybe I'll win the powerball tomorrow night and be able to move to Manhattan.

8:07 AM

 
Blogger dan said...

Okay. I want to see pictures of Daisy. More pictures of Daisy please.

(okay. I will shush now and sit back down in the back row.)

8:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home