When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

as we get older

tomorrow is my birthday and to tell you the truth i almost forgot about it. there has been so much going on lately (the move, the book, the meds) and so much coming up (job interviews, anniversery) that turning 42 totally slipped my mind. i got a little blue about it b/c being single tends to really only bug me on my birthday and on christmas (so it must have something to do with not getting enough presents), but i feel better now. was going to take the day off and go to the beach, but the buses aren't running during the week yet so i will have to think of something else fun to do. i am auditioning for WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE? tomorrow but although that's fun, i don't know if i'd call that fun. can't they just save everyone some time and give me the money now? maybe i will go and see BATMAN (since i'm a huge batman freak, i mean fan) i don't know. this is where boyfriends come in handy. i can't get all creative and excited about it if it's for me.
i finished the yoga matt bag and gave it to my friend who says it's awesome! i will have him photo it and send me the pic for the blog. have separated the front and back on bluecle and am now about two inches away from being done with the back. it's really taking shape and is actually going to be quite elegant. and BIG! good, i'll feel skinny in it. although i have been losing weight. i think my days of the 32" waist are over. am kind of stuck on the beret. i forgot what a pain untwisting yarn in the back is w/ intarsia. it'll look good though.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Happy Birthingday, Poodle!!!! Go get yourself some new yarn! Go visit that hottie at the Point and scout him out for both of us!

Good luck with your audition. Can't wait to hear about it!

7:21 AM

 
Blogger dan said...

Hey there Bday Boy! Glad you mentioned it so I could cheer you on. Yes. Go do see the Batman movie. I saw it and liked it quite a bit. I'm a batman freak (uh "fan" as you put it) and thought it was a great retelling of the story. I'd gotten a bit tired of the pop-kitsch of the previous incarnations. It had worn a bit thin when Schwarzenegger wsa muscling in as Dr. Freeze. Puh-leese. Anyway, go see it and let me know what you think. I put my review of it on my blog.

9:31 AM

 
Blogger Colleen said...

Happy Birthday, Mark. It's not so bad being 42. I've been there a whole 4 months and 6 days.

And I'm keepin' my fingers cross on "Millionaire."

1:26 PM

 
Blogger markknitz said...

thanks guys!

1:35 PM

 
Blogger nmblefngrs said...

Happy Birthday, Mark. Hope it's a good one!

5:01 PM

 
Blogger MarQ1 said...

Happy Birthday, too.
I'm with Jon: buy yarn, and other things that please you.

7:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home