When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Thursday, June 23, 2005

it's all good

thanks everyone for your birthday wishes. i had such a nice day yesterday! work was typically uneventful, so i basically came in late, played mah johng on the computer went out for a long lunch and comic book shopping spree with a friend, came back, actually did some writing on the new play (wow, a writer who writes!), left early, went to my millionaire audition.
you guys, i didn't pass the written. ouch. i had a friend who was head writer on this show and she said the questions are designed to go right down the middle of what common sense would dictate and what the actual answer is. this is ingenious b/c you become quite convinced that you're right when you're totally not. i finished pretty quickly and was SHOCKED when my number didn't get called. just shows ta go ya: don't be an asshole.
then i did a little shopping for myself. bought the new Weezer CD and the new Michael Cunningham novel. then some friends took me out to dinner. which was perfect b/c although i wanted to see Batman, i wasn't quite sure i wanted to go by myself and i was kinda tired (meds). then i went home and watched bad tv (really bad TV: has anyone ever seen that scary BEST OF THREE'S COMPANY special they did w/ Lucille Ball in the eighties. sheesh!) with my darling dog. she was a birthday present 15 years ago--the gift that keeps on giving--so it's kind of a anniversary for us. so a good time was had by me. which is the whole point.
i am going to start buying yarn for my next project: i want to make the Fitzgerald sweater in Noro Silk Garden colorway 8 (blue/purple). Since I need 14 skeins and it's like 10$ a pop and it's a pretty common colorway i was going to do it in installments. i have heard stories about Silk Garden, though. does it get those little sticks in it that you have to pull out. i really don't want to do that, okay? has anyone worked with this stuff before? what do you think? it's SOO pretty I lust for it, but if it's a nuisance to work with, i can move on.

7 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

I haven't played with the silk garden, but the Nepalese stuff from Fiberworks in San Francisco (to dream for shop!!). That stuff was recycled silk sari stuff, the original stuff, i think Silk Garden has repackaged the same stuff. ANYWAYSSS... the silk did have little bits of hard stuff. I didn't remember actual little sticks. But I do recall that it was course in some places. Also, you want to buy it in person becauyse the lots are so furkin random, color-wise. And you can get anything from fire colors to jeweltones.
Glad you had a nice dinner and then dessert with your hairchild. BTW, we need to see more pictures of Daisy on your blog. Ahem. Ahem.
And as for that Lucille Ball scarefest you described...HOW CAN I FIND A COPY OF IT! It sounds so horribly bad. I can just hear her awful hoarse Lucille Ball laugh. You know she and Audra Lindlay (Mrs. Roper) probably fought over wardrobe. God, the idea of it. Chills. Chills.
Tell me what you think about Specimen Days. We're actually looking for someone to review it for the magazine.

8:07 AM

 
Blogger Franklin said...

Yikes! I missed your pre-birthday post. I'm glad to hear you had a good one and hope the remaining 364 days of your new year will be delicious. :-)

8:26 AM

 
Blogger Jon said...

I used Silk Garden for my ManClap and didn't have the sticks issues with it. I think it's luck of the draw.

Glad you had a happy day and the baby is doing well.

6:58 AM

 
Blogger Knottyboy said...

So are you a Cancer cusp? 22nd and all? Happy, Happy there birthday boy.
Cheers,
k

9:01 AM

 
Blogger nmblefngrs said...

Too bad about the millionaire audition.
I've just finished Specimen Days, and despite what some critics have said about it, I thought it was pretty good. I especially liked how Cunningham managed the whole multiple genre thing. You should like it!

9:29 AM

 
Blogger Impossible Princess said...

i camelate but i'd still liekto wish yo a belate b-day

4:51 AM

 
Blogger Ian-Ivy du Bois said...

ohhh my first visit here and its your b.day week??? it seems i ve got a 6th sense for parties!!!
happy b.day hon!
hugs
ian

1:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home