When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Thursday, June 09, 2005

summer in the city

it's here! it's officially summer to me when i get to go to jones beach and i went on sunday. so beautiful. one of my favorite places on earth. the train to the bus to the hike up the beach can be a little grueling but it's so worth it. it's kind of like a mini mental vacation. just getting on the train creates the illusion that i'm going away somewhere. i don't know. whatever it is, it works.
had a job interview yesterday which i hope i get. if i don't, i don't. but if i do it would be great, so keep your fingers crossed for me.
thank god for knitting. i don't know if i've shared this here, but i started undergoing treatment for hepatitus c which involves a weekly shot of interferon and twice a day pills. so far so good, but i am noticing that i tire very easily. i did a lot of walking yesterday and it really kicked my ass. so it was nice to just chill in the new pad, watch bad tv and work on the bloucle. am halfway through the black stripe already and soon will be ready to divide for front and back. sorry about no pictures. my best friend came over to look at the new place yesterday and i should have had him take some. but like i said i was a little out of it.
speaking of bad tv, even i couldn't get through the real gilligan's island. granted i tend to watch netflix, turner classics and tvland, but when did new tv get so crappy? watched sideways and thought it was ok. didn't think it was the best indie ever, but admired it intellegence and adultness.

3 Comments:

Blogger Franklin said...

Okay, what are your favorites on TV Land? It's one of my guilty pleasures.

7:07 AM

 
Blogger Jon said...

I hope you feel better. hep c is nasty business.

I've been to Jones Beach. But we took the highway when I went as a brat 25 years ago. I still remember sweltering in the back of my parents car, in a complete traffic jam and there was an ambulance stuck on the opposite side with it's lights on and sirens blaring. I have often wondered if the person inside made it alive.

Anywhoodle, all this drama for what? An overcrowded beach and freezing water. No thanks.

7:31 AM

 
Blogger markknitz said...

it's all about sanford and son for me. i don't know why, but there it is. all in the family is of course, great too. but i love me some freddie g.

10:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home