When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

back

i've been away from a computer for a week but i'm back. things have been kind of up in the air but moving forward.
the bad news is: i had to put my dog to sleep last week. her health had been failing for the last year or so lately manifesting in dizziness, disorientation and a pronounced head tilt which turned out to be a growth in her brain. her vet and i had been working together for a long time on different muscled treatments, but we decided last week that this would be the best thing to do.
she was given to me as a birthday present 15 years ago by my lover and we were a little family. she took good care of Don and she took good care of me--a border collie with only two sheep. i remember wishing for a dog that was smart, pretty, had his/her own personality and could rassle. i got that times 100. she was a crazy beast and a very good dog. i miss her very very much.
will write more later. just wanted to check in.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Oh honey, I'm so sorry to hear about your baby. I'm sure she was well loved for years and loved you both back with love unquestioning.

8:04 AM

 
Blogger Sean said...

I can't express how sorry I am. It makes me think of the day when I have to say goodbye to my boy, Luke. The only positive is the many, many memories you'll have forever to carry you though...words are too clumsy for times like these...:::hugz:::

9:15 AM

 
Blogger Calvin said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Our pets gives us companionship and unconditional love. I know that you'll miss her. I feel so sad for you. :-(

11:45 AM

 
Blogger John said...

I am so sorry for your loss....I have been around pets all my life and there is nothing more sad to me. They are truly family members. Thoughts are with ya.

12:03 PM

 
Blogger John said...

I am so sorry for your loss....I have been around pets all my life and there is nothing more sad to me. They are truly family members. Thoughts are with ya.

12:04 PM

 
Blogger Franklin said...

Oh, my dear fellow, in spite of all you'd written about her health problems I hoped this post would be a much longer time in coming. I wish you every comfort and send you hugs.

4:05 PM

 
Blogger nmblefngrs said...

So Sorry to hear about your loss. I know how painful it is to lose a companion animal after so many years of companionship. If only they lived as long as we do, we wouldn't have to suffer so. Just remember, you made the right choice, and you'll always have your memories. Here's a *hug* from Ohio.

7:20 PM

 
Blogger markknitz said...

thanks, guys. i knew you'd understand. one day at a time.

6:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home