When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Thursday, July 21, 2005

cause for celebration

my search for full time employment has finally ended. as of Monday August 1, I will be the Volunteer Services Asssistant for God's Love We Deliver. I'm so excited about this. A friend of mine approached me about the job and sent in the resume and did the interview. The more I found out about the job and the organization the surer I was that I wasn't going to get it because I wanted it more and more. Well, yesterday I went in to HR for another interview and an hour later they called me and offered me the job. YES!!! I have been getting so frustrated lately b/c I kept getting so much positive feedback on my resume and my job performance and my interviews, but nothing coming up in the way of offers that I could afford to take. I was thinking there HAS to be something out there for me, there just HAS to be. And here it is! Also, after 8 years in television, six months in fashion and six months at a major corporation that makes you take off three months if you work more than nine months as a temp so they don't have to pay you benefits (this is a pharmacuetical corporation, all about "health", you know), it will be so nice to work somewhere where I believe in what I'm doing b/c I know it's making a difference to someone else. (Working at MTV was like working at a trendy restaurant that everyone's dying to get into but the food gives you cancer.) So I'm very happy, very excited and yes, more than a little nervous. But so looking forward to this new chapter in my life. I'll finish out my gig here next tuesday, take a the rest of the week off and away we go!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Yeah for employment!!!! So, I take it, this is a full time gig?

7:39 AM

 
Blogger Franklin said...

Hurrah for you, kiddo! :-)

10:55 AM

 
Blogger doloreshaze said...

Hi there-got to you through franklin's blog--which oob do you run? Are you Mark Russell? Though I can't imagine Mark Russell knitting. I'm an Associate Artistic Director at an Off-Broadway, which is why I ask.

3:38 PM

 
Blogger MarQ1 said...

Congrats. I hope you love it and vice versa.

7:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home