When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Monday, August 01, 2005

delivered!

today is my first day here at the new gig at God's Love We Deliver. kind of mellow today in that I'm still learning everything, but the atmosphere here is SO different that anything I've encountered. everyone has been really nice friendly and helpful and genuinely glad to have me on board. there is no nerve/adreline rush in the air or coporate florescent pallor. it's cool. just wanted to check in.
also, i have started working on a simple Suss Cousins jacket for my pal Garet out of super kid mohair. not the most forgiving fiber in the world. i'm getting these mysterious holes. not dropped stitches. i think just large stitches. i go to fix them and i make runs. can't frog it out. not fun, but pretty. something to be said for mindless stockinette though. good tv watchin' work. and thank God they didn't take off my beloved Sanford and Son, just moved it up a half an hour before Good Times. gotta have my Freddy G and my Aunt Esther!

3 Comments:

Blogger Franklin said...

Good to hear the new job is going well.

When I had trouble frogging mohair, a bunch of nice people wrote to me and said to put it in the freezer first. And it really works! Gets rid of a lot of the sticking.

3:01 PM

 
Blogger markknitz said...

that's great! i'll have to try that.

9:06 AM

 
Blogger Impossible Princess said...

im starting a mohai scarf for my sexy gay freind mark's mommy...*sigh*

1:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home