When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Monday, August 08, 2005

Ruth, you won me back!

My friend Garet who turned me on to Ruth Rendell lent me another of her books after I told her about my disappointment with THE ROTTWEILER. I'm so glad she did b/c my faith in the power of the Rendell has been completely restored by HARM DONE.
RR writes a detective series along with her mystery novels. I prefer the novels to the series b/c in the series everyone's so real life unpleasant in a way only the british can be and the novels have more of a scope to them. HARM DONE is one of the series so I was less than enthusiastic, but I read it. IT WAS SO GOOD! This is the RR I know and love. Three or four story lines happening at the same time, all of them on a similar theme (in this case domestic violence) that unfold and continue to be surprising and unpredictable and satisfying literally until the last page. So I would highly recommend HARM DONE and you don't have to be up on the series. So good!
Not much else to report. It's SO HOT in NY, but this is news to no-one. The Suss jacket is cranking along. When I bought all the mohair to make it with the ladies at my LYS thought I was crazy. I said I just sit in front of my airconditioner and crank this out b/c it's all i have the energy for. Please! It's not like I"m taking this stuff to the beach.
Am having my housewarming party and am looking forward to it. It had been so long since I've had a party I forgot how, but it's coming back and i'm starting to get excited about it.
my coworker just told me Rosie O'Donnell is going into FIDDLER ON THE ROOF as Golda. Oh-kay. I wish I could be a good mo and say I love Rosie, but i'd be lyin'. I don't dislike her. She just scares me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Impossible Princess said...

I actually want to go see her in fidler I think she woudl be great...

10:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home