When you've gone over something AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN like I have, certain questions get answered, OTHERS SPRING UP! You mind plays tricks on you, YOU PLAY TRICKS BACK! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

sock mad!

Okay, I have entered the wonderful world of sock-making and totally now get why people get so obsessed. First of all, if you're like me you're an obsessive knitter anyway. But having a portable project on teeny needles that go round and round in pretty yarn that's three dimensional and is going change directions and shape! I love it! Got a pattern from my friend Susi who swears by it. I pored of it trying to make sense of it and once I got the feeling that I was making it harder than it was by just reading it over and over and not just doing it, I dived in. I got some lovely blues and beiges Koigu and I'm sockin' out! I swear it's all I want to do. I was completely parked last night infront of the tv for two hours not goin' anywhere b/c i was deep into the sock. It's so different b/c the last thing i did was the mohair jacket on 10
s so going around and around on 2's is a trip! But it's a good one!

5 Comments:

Blogger Franklin said...

Dude, you are so totally in the sock zone. Rad!

Whereabouts could one find Susi's pattern of choice? I've done with making a theoretical Mary Thomas sock and am hunting about for something more concrete.

9:34 AM

 
Blogger markknitz said...

lemme see if i can scan it for you!

12:53 PM

 
Blogger MarQ1 said...

Ah, yes. Sock's are so fascinating. They're like snowflakes: no two are alike. Not that I don't want to keep trying.

7:35 PM

 
Blogger Calvin said...

I'm jealous :-)! I'm glad that your sock knitting is going well. I had to scrap mine. I'll try again at some point. Can't wait to see photos. Keep it up.

3:20 AM

 
Blogger Just Looking said...

Hi there " markknitz " --- I was in the search engines researching SEO Software when I came upon your blog..... I don't know if you are out of place in the engines, or I am out of place and just don't realize it :-)

5:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home